Armenia – Orphan’s Promise is supporting two training centers in impoverished areas that teach English, computers and life skills training for orphans and vulnerable children who have graduated and have no prospects to take care of themselves or earn a living.
View blog entries related to “Armenia”
Moldova – Orphan’s Promise has provided a training center, and an anti-trafficking program with ongoing support to provide computer skills, life skills and to learn English.
View blogs and videos related to “Moldova”
Russia – OP has provided a Christian outreach to street kids and at risk youth.
Ukraine – This was the country where Orphan’s Promise began its first work and therefore, it reflects a deeper, more in-depth ministry. We began with our first training center for children who turned 16 and aged out of the state run orphanage. They have no job skills or basic life skills and are totally unequipped to face the harsh world of Ukraine. Most will end up in alcohol abuse, drug abuse and prostitution.
To combat this destructive cycle, we opened a training center to give these young people a safe place to come and learn computer skills, job skills and life training skills. We now have six of these training centers and eight satellite centers providing training to children on the grounds of government orphanages around Kyiv.
- In the Berdayansk center we have two satellite centers at government tech schools, and in Ternopol we have two satellite training centers and one center in Nikolayev.
- One project that has had far reaching potential has been a conference that Orphan’s Promise put on to help special needs children. We also provided a camp for special needs children who do not have opportunities such as this.
- OP provides humanitarian outreaches to orphanages with special Christmas and Easter programs where children can hear the gospel story.
- Entrepreneurship Training programs that teach business skills and help to start micro-enterprise businesses have also been started in Berdyansk. We have also provided three transition houses to help children make the leap from orphanages to the outside world.
- Concerts were performed for orphans, kids from low-income families and children with cancer. Attendance was over 8,000 and 2,700 accepted the invitation to receive Jesus.
- Nearly 3,000 children benefitted from humanitarian projects resulting in 36 salvations. Nearly 1,700 young people and church leaders attended Bible training seminars throughout the C.I.S.
Georgia – Orphan’s Promise Training center in Armenia is helping a church reach out to the most impoverished children there. They have provided humanitarian aid of clothes, food and school supplies. Now, they are providing discipleship training and helping them establish a follow up group for these children.