Congo – There are several projects going on, two of which are with the same ministry; one of the efforts has been to build a dormitory for girls who have suffered rape and brutality a safe place as well as a new start in life by providing education as well as psychological services to help them work through their trauma.
- The second project is to provide two classrooms (eight are needed) for a large group of Pygmy students. These children are provided with schooling, and career training. Their options are even more limited than regular African children.
- There was a one-time project that provided 10 surgeries for physically abused women, who were also taught micro-enterprise skills and given a fresh start kit to take home.
- Orphan’s Promise also paid for 10 children with Osteomyelitis to be provided with treatment and surgical intervention.
- We also have an on-going project in Eastern DRC that provided a security wall to be built around an orphanage to protect the children as well as a kitchen project and education fees. We will continue with other projects here as they arise.
- In Africa, there are school fees to be paid before a child can attend school. Orphan’s Promise provides these fees to enable orphans to attend school for an orphanage in Kenya.
- OP also dug a well to provide fresh water for an orphanage in Kenya.
- We also provide monthly support for orphan care and nutrition at another orphanage in Kenya.
Mauritania – We are helping in this West African nation by providing nutrition, health and hygiene, education and vocation training in the form of carpentry and tailoring, to help the Talibe street boys. These orphaned street children are offered the opportunity to go to school rather than beg on the streets for the religious Muslim system.
Nigeria – Orphan’s Promise has built an orphanage and provides support for children in North Central Nigeria. Street children in this country can be particularly at risk of harm if they are without a home.
- Orphan’s Promise provides monthly support for a school for deaf children who have no place to go. They also receive computer and skills training.
Sierra Leone – We have built an orphanage and are now looking into providing a school for this group of children. Orphan’s Promise also provides ongoing support for another orphanage in the way of care and nutrition.
View blog entries related to “Sierra Leone”
- There is a ministry that we support for orphan care and nutrition of HIV/AIDS families who would be without help. They are in need of a vehicle, some goats and cows to generate milk for the orphans and provide microenterprise in the community, selling the milk and beef.
South Sudan – This is an ongoing project for OP where we have contributed classrooms, a library and recently gave a large sum for new school curriculum.
View blog entries related to “Sudan”
Uganda – OP provided a one-time project to help a desperately needy orphanage with a well and latrines. These children lived in deplorable conditions until water and hygiene changed the quality of their lives.
Zambia – We have a strong, ongoing project with an orphanage/boarding school located in Macha. We have built a school, a boarding house, provide ongoing scholarships and educational supplies. We are currently partnering to build the second boarding house. We have also provided a college scholarship for a double orphan.
View blogs and videos related to “Zambia”