There Are Lots Of Ways To Help
Promote a fundraiser through your church – an overnighter for teens/pre-teens – what’s it like living in the Third World?
Sleep in large cardboard containers, rice and beans for dinner and discuss the things that you take for granted that other children don’t have:
- proper clothing
- food each day
- fresh drinking water (walking a mile to get a bucket for the family)
- no baths
- a future
- help for medical problems- dealing w/bugs, cholera, dysentery, worms
- help if someone steals what little you have
This can be done inside a church or school gymnasium, or, if the weather is good, it can be held outside.
Organize a Run for the Kids (5K)
Making and selling something
- You and your friends could make something sell it and give the money
- You could get your church involved in a bake sale, quilt sale, any kind of item that would raise funds
- Get a local business person to donate a large ticket item and then sell raffle tickets
Birthday Parties are a great way to raise funds. Have your birthday party and ask friends to make a donation to Orphan’s Promise in lieu of a present. Have a glass fish-type bowl with a ribbon tied around it and ask that checks be placed inside.
We can provide a copy of Terry’s Story on DVD that you can present to a group, along with some brochures and other materials. This could be a luncheon, a ladies tea, whatever is in your comfort zone. You can present the story of Orphan’s Promise, show the video and discuss how one person, stepping out in faith, can make a huge difference.